Tuesday 8 December 2015

Use Gardening to Strengthen Your Family Bonds


Can you imagine yourself joining forces with your son or daughter while pulling out an organic carrot from your own garden? Five minutes after winning the carrot-battle you’re in the kitchen making carrot puree for your baby and laughing with your family members. This is a frequent scene in my home. I’ve realised that I can use gardening to strengthen my family bonds and I’d like to share my experience with you.    


Raise Your Children’s Vegetable Kingdom

Today’s kids spend less than half of their time in fresh air than previous generations did. According to some researches, an average child spends 25 hours per week in front of a TV, but only 15 minutes outdoors. Sedentary lifestyle has become a huge problem of modern families.

In my personal opinion, gardening provides a healthy exit from this trouble situation. My children and I often talk about veggies and fruits in the funniest ways you can imagine. Sometimes we make costumes where I pretend to be a broccoli and they turn into pumpkins. This way my kids play and learn the importance of healthy life and organic foods.  

Play, Learn and Be Creative in Your Garden

How to organize gardening in order to make it more fun (and not only work) for your family members? There’s no simple answer. But try to be creative. Schedule a voting time with your family members and discuss yummy cook recipes that require ingredients you’re growing in your garden. Also, you can give your kids some old spoons and ladles instead of garden tools. Trust me on this, your children will go crazy for these “Garden Olympic Games”. And you will, too.  

Do you find this article interesting? Feel free to write down a word or two in the comment section below.

No comments:

Post a Comment