Friday 25 December 2015

Amazing Organic Fertilizer Tips: How to Fertilize Your Garden


You’ve heard about nutrients, haven’t you? Nutrients are foods and drinks that provide energy and protect the body. They give food to your bones, muscles, organs, hormones and blood. It is known that people couldn’t survive without essential nutrients such as fats, saturated fats, sugars, sodium, proteins, carbohydrates, fibbers, vitamins & minerals. Organic fertilisers do the same kind of favour to plants. If you’ve ever wondered what the catch with organic fertilisers is, keep on reading and you may find some interesting facts on how to fertilise your garden.


Which Organic Fertiliser is the Best?

The answer is – they all are. This is a game where everyone wins. However, it is true that various organic fertilisers contain different amounts of useful substances. Cottonseed meals, bone meal, blood meal, fish meal, hoof and horn meals are considered organic fertilisers. This also stands for all kinds of manure.

Fertilisers vary in percentages of nutrients they possess such as nitrogen, carbon, phosphorus, magnesium, potassium and calcium. The best and the cheapest organic fertiliser is compost, which I highly recommend and frequently use myself.

How to Use Organic Fertilisers

Heavily-armed with organic fertilisers you enter your garden. And then what? I admit that every gardener has a slightly different approach to the matter of how to fertilise a garden. My strategy goes like this - after growing/harvesting my plants I cover my garden with a layer of compost. I’ve noticed that regular composting helps my tomatoes fight against pestsand keeps my basil safefrom diseases.

Saving money while doing gardening sounds interesting, doesn’t it? In order to accomplish that I like to use free stuff like grass clippings, coffee grounds and leaves as mulch at least once a year. Trust me on this, decomposition of organic materials that comes afterwards makes my plants the happiest plants on Earth. I advise you to use organic fertilizers and bring happiness to your plants as well.

Be sure to let me know about your experience with using organic fertilizers! Green thumb up!

No comments:

Post a Comment