Thursday 10 December 2015

Organic Gardening: Increase Your Healthy Food Consumption


Have I mentioned that I am a great fan of books? Withal I sincerely believe that knowledge hidden inside the world of books presents a treasure just waiting to be found. That said I wanted to tell you that I’ve recently read a part of useful publication on gardening called “The benefits of gardening and food growing for health and wellbeing”. Ulrich Schmutz, a co-author of this book, brought to my attention some wonderful facts about the influence of organic gardening on healthy food consumption. In this post I would like to share these revelations with you.     


Children’s Willingness to Try New Foods

Based on reviews of academic studies from the UK and abroad, Mr. Schmutz and his colleagues concluded that food growing lessons in school had showed positive impacts on pupil nutrition and attitudes towards healthy eating. Furthermore, another similar study conducted in the US found that 11-12 year old students involved in gardening were more willing to consume and taste a greater variety of vegetables compared to those who didn’t garden.

Organic Gardening and Cooking Organic Foods are Twin Brothers

This study has blown me away like a candle flame is blown in the wind. So, it’s been scientifically confirmed that gardening (preferably organic) increases healthy food consumption. It means that you, my fellow gardeners, should garden, garden, and garden organic foods. After that, the kitchen is all yours. Don’t forget to involve your children as well. By doing so, your children will eat healthy foods and get closer to nature. Want a piece of advice? Always go organic.

Make sure you let me know to what extent gardening increased your family members’ healthy food consumption.

No comments:

Post a Comment