Wednesday 20 April 2016

Organic Garden: Love-In-A-Mist Seeding Tips


Hey there, dear gardening friends. How do you stand with art? In the photo below you may take a look at spectacular looking colorful flowers that are the reason to my question. For me, these breathtaking plants, known under the name love-in-a-mist flowers, look like they were painted by Salvador Dali himself. And although Dali’s paintings, behavior and his entire life could be described as at least bizarre, there is no question about his painting skills. I’m going to give you a couple of love-in-a-mist seeding tips that could turn your organic garden into Dali’s painting atelier.  


                                    


These Jewel-Like Flowers are Nature’s Work of Art

Sun/Soil/Location Requirements

Although love-in-a-mist can find its way in light soil, it prefers a rich, fertile soil and thrives if sown in sunny, bright location.

And as for its usage, I often use dry seeds of this astonishing flower to flavor pastries, marinades and pickles. I even make dried flower arrangements out of its fascinating seedpods.

Love-In-A-Mist and Me

The first time I tried and succeeded growing love-in-a-mist flower I knew that this old-fashioned plant made an invisible bond to my heart.

In spite of the fact that I’m attached to all of my garden flower minions such as carnations, begonias, snapdragons, lobelias, marigolds, English lavender, gazanias, and so on, I’ve realized that growing and merely looking at love-in-a-mist flower gives me a feeling of special happiness.

If you follow my love-in-a-mist seeding tips you will discover what I’m talking about! Happy planting!

No comments:

Post a Comment