Tuesday 12 April 2016

Direct Outdoor Seeding: The Best Seed Varieties


Not only do I love gardening, but I’ve just had an experience of dreaming about it. And by dreaming I don’t mean my eyes open and all that. No, no, no. I had a real dream. It happened last night. I was in my garden, choosing the best seed varieties for direct outdoor seeding. It was a beautiful, sunny day, with no clouds. Then, all of a sudden, my cell phone alarm went crazy and I woke up. But hold on, I haven’t told you what happened in my dream...


Excellent Seed Varieties for Direct Outdoor Seeding

A Tough Decision

As I was saying, a tough decision was in front of me. I was going to decide whether to plant short-lived plants such as leek and onion or to go for a moderately long-lived seeds including asparagus, beans and cabbage.

Not to mention that there was a third party of super long-lived veggies represented by beets, eggplant and melon.

Suddenly I realized, like Leonardo DiCaprio in Inception, that reality and dream have become one and that I should at once plant cold-hardy crops such as turnips and parsnips.

I also remember that corn and peas were offered as choices, since they grow better when seeded directly.

I Woke Up and Started Planting

I’m telling you - everything was pitchy before that annoying alarm clock announced its irritating presence.

But, when I was finally awake, my mind had a clear sowing plan. Fortunately, all the other garden work was done, including the soil temperaturetests and sunnylocations layout. Today I’m planting!

If you too had a dream about plants or gardening, this is the moment for sharing it. Happy planting!

No comments:

Post a Comment