Monday 25 April 2016

Gardening Assistant: Simplicity of Growing Daisies


An Oscar awarded 1989 movie ‘Driving Miss Daisy’, with Morgan Freeman, has always been one of the movies I enjoy watching in reruns. The funniest thing is that whenever I find myself gardening and growing daisies, I can’t stop thinking about the movie and vice versa. This sweet old-fashioned sounding name is a symbol of loyal love and simplicity. Therefore I’ll jump into my garden shoes and be your assistant on a tour of growing daisies. Let’s go. 


White Daisies are the Symbol of Love

Needs of an Average Garden Daisy

Whether you choose to grow white daisy Silver Princess or English daisy Mix, you’d be satisfied to know that growing daisies is easy and thus suitable for newbie gardeners.

I enjoy growing both of these perennial heirloom daisy varieties since they only require bright and warm location with full sun or dappled with sunlight. Another advantage I find in growing daisies is that they thrive well in most soil types.

Daisies are the symbol of…

…purity and faith, and therefore are appreciated as messengers of happiness and positive energy. Popular beliefs in regards to daisies confirm my opinion that the world of flowers is colored by symbols.

For me, daisies will forever have a special place in my heart due to the famous loves me, loves me not daisy game, which I very much loved to play in the days of my childhood. 

What about you? Did you also pluck the daisy petals to see if your girl/boy loves you?  
   

No comments:

Post a Comment