Sunday 29 May 2016

World of Micro Greens: Health Benefits of Growing Kohlrabi


Despite of the fact that you might think I’m going nuts I have a confession to make - I have sincere respect for my garden plants. Why? Well, I believe that the world of my garden micro greens, for example, is the world of heroes where every vegetable continuously and selflessly provides health benefits to me and my family. Speaking of health and vegetables, today I’ve decided to go through the topic of growing kohlrabi. Read on to learn some interesting facts about this magnificent veggie.       


Kohlrabi Resembles an Alien Plant

Kohlrabi Looks Like…

…it came from another planet where little green people live and grow veggies with antennas. I bet you watched at least one science-fiction movie in your life so you know what I’m trying to imply here.

OK, now let’s get back to Earth. Kohlrabi can be found in two colors - light green and purple kohlrabi varieties. All kohlrabi varieties have a creamy white flesh and delicious flavor. I advise you to grow kohlrabi in well-drained soil and bright, sunny location.

Kohlrabi Nutrition Facts

I was a bit surprised to find out that kohlrabi has its own private army of vitamins and minerals. I mean, I knew it was healthy but this was more than I’ve expected.

So, in the service of this super strong vegetable you can find vitamins C, A, K and B-complex of vitamins as well as minerals like potassium, manganese, iron and phosphorus. That’s serious power!   

Stay tuned and also check:


No comments:

Post a Comment