Tuesday 17 May 2016

Harvesting Baby Greens: Enjoy Fresh and Better-tasting Food


Have you ever wondered how to enjoy fresh and better-tasting food without being forced to spend a lot of time and money? I assume the answer is yes and therefore have an exciting suggestion for you. It’s called growing baby greens. I found out that baby greens are grown quickly from quality seeds, which makes harvesting easy as a piece of cake.     


Grow Baby Greens and Ensure the Freshness of Your Food 

Growing Time

But let’s start from the beginning, all right? When I deal with larger seeds such as peas and beans I usually pre-soak them overnight in order to speed up the germination process. I don’t soak smaller seeds like radish and spinach seeds.

If you’re using a container for growing indoors then I advise you to fill it about 3/4 full of quality growing media. In case you’re growing baby greens outdoors, prepare thesoil thoroughly (see my blog page for this step). After doing so I generously sprinkle the seeds over the media and gently press them in.

Harvesting Time

It’s time for your efforts to pay off. So after watering your baby greens and adding some nutrient solution to boost flavor and nutrition, you are ready to start harvesting.

I wait until my seedlings are 3-9cm tall, but it all depends on the variety you choose to grow! Finally, get your scissors and cut the stems right above the soil. Do I now hear a word salad?
     
By the way, don’t miss what other people also liked:

·      Growing Micro Greens - Improve Your Family's Health
    

No comments:

Post a Comment