Wednesday 25 May 2016

Health & Gardening: How to Grow Baby Cabbage


Growing baby vegetables for various salad mesclun mixes is an interesting gardening challenge. I always encourage newbie gardeners to give it a shot and explore the new ground. Now, traditional mesclun mix usually includes arugula, endive and some sort of lettuce. However, I like to experiment which is why I also add other veggies from my organic garden such as baby cabbage. Baby cabbage is good for health and here are some tips on how to grow it.   


Baby Cabbages Have a Smaller Head Size

How to Choose the Right Baby Cabbage Variety to Grow

I don’t know if you knew that cabbage is the second oldest cultivated vegetable, after the pea. When choosing the right variety to grow, first you have to decide when you want to grow it.

Keep in mind that cabbage is a cool-season vegetable and thus should be grown in spring or autumn. If you want to grow early cabbage varieties then I would suggest Brunswick and leafy Capral, while from the late varieties I could recommend Pourovo Polopozdni and Chinese cabbage Capitol H.         

Baby Cabbage Tip That Will Make You Happy

The main trick with cabbage is to allow it to grow steadily and without interruption. For that to be done I make sure that my baby cabbage gets rich soil, enough water and top-quality organic fertilizers.

Other extraordinary baby veggies you don’t want to miss:

·      World of Micro Greens: Health Benefits of Growing Kohlrabi
·      Tips for Growing Healthy Micro Greens: Radish Varieties
·      Gardening Expert: Why It's Great to Grow Baby Lettuce
     

No comments:

Post a Comment