Friday 27 May 2016

Tips for Growing Healthy Micro Greens: Radish Varieties



When I first started growing micro greens I felt like I’d discovered a whole new universe. Honestly, that’s not far from the truth. Most micro greens are harvested small and for that reason they can be planted very close together. Therefore, they are excellent space savers. Plus, my kids love them. One of my children’s favorite baby veggies are radish varieties and if you too would like to see your kids smiling in the garden then keep reading for some tips about growing baby radishes.         


Baby Radishes are Very Popular among the Children

Radishes are Loaded with Healthy Nutrients

An old Chinese proverb says, “Eating pungent radish and drinking hot tealet the starved doctors beg on their knees”.

I believe that Chinese people had a pretty good reason for saying something like that. Actually, they had five good reasons since radishes are a very good source of anti-oxidants, electrolytes, minerals, vitamins and dietary fiber. Quite impressive, isn’t it? 

When is Baby Radish Ready for Harvest?  

This depends on which variety of radishes you grow. For example, I know that pink mini radish variety called Cherry Belle matures in 20-27 days, while another mini radish known as organic Saxa 2 can be picked in 28-32 days. Baby radishes of these varieties are ready for harvest in less than 20 days.

Here’s a bonus tip for you - don’t throw radish leaves if they are fresh. I add them to my soups and they taste awesome!

Trending now, don’t miss it:

·      World of Micro Greens: Health Benefits of Growing Kohlrabi

No comments:

Post a Comment