Friday 15 January 2016

Supersonic Vegetable for Hot Areas: Zucchini is a Veggie Lamborghini

Did you know that the word aesthetics, which refers to a branch of philosophy dealing with the nature of beauty, art, and taste, comes from the Greek language? The famous ancient Greek philosopher, Plato, believed that beauty is a form in which beautiful objects partake and which causes them to be beautiful.


                                             Zucchini is a Veggie Lamborghini

I realize that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, which can lead us further to the question of defining beauty. But let’s leave philosophy to rest for a while and step into the world of zucchini.

Zucchini is Made of Beauty and Power

It may sound funny, but sometimes when I think of things I rhyme them with objects or ideas in my head. And this is how Lamborghini showed up in my garden thoughts – yesterday I was taking care about my zucchini and it just popped up – zucchini is a veggie Lamborghini.

But when I gave some thought to the matter I realized that the charming veggie and attractive car have more things in common than one might think. Zucchini is known to reduce weight, helps to improve eye health, and it is rich in vitamin C, potassium, folic acid (vitamin B), and vitamin A. In short, it is a powerful plant. And it looks nice too.

How to Grow Zucchini

What I like the most about zucchini is that it thrives in warm to hot weather. Zucchini does best in slightly acidic soils with a pH level around 6.0 to 6.5. It is a great cooking ingredient and I love to make dishes with it. One of my favorite zucchini recipes includes fresh tomatoes, tasty squash, and delicious zucchini. Ups, I almost forgot to mention the protein-rich white magicbeans.

Now it’s your turn to leave comments and share thoughts on zucchini!


No comments:

Post a Comment